National Competitive Bid (NCB)
(One-Envelope Bidding Process)
Purchaser: Ministry of Innovation and Technology
Project: Ethiopia Digital Foundations Project
Contract title: The Supply, Delivery and Installation of Biometric Registration Kits for National ID Program
RFB No: ET-MINT-253581-GO-RFB
Issued on: April 22, 2022
- The Government of the Federal Democratic Republic of Ethiopia has received financing from the World Bank toward the cost of the Ethiopia Digital Foundations Project (EDFP) and intends to apply part of the proceeds for the procurement for the Supply, Delivery and Installation of Biometric Registration Kits for National ID Program. For this contract, the Borrower shall process the payments using the approved Payment disbursement method, as defined in the World Bank’s Disbursement Guidelines for Investment Project Financing.
- The Ministry of Innovation and Technology, Ethiopian Digital Foundations Project /EDFP/now invites sealed Bids from eligible Bidders for the Supply, Delivery and Installation of Biometric Registration Kits for National ID Program as listed below;
|Item No||Item Description||Qty|
|1||Carrying case with battery||75|
|2||Computer / Laptop / Tablet||75|
|5||Photo Camera with LED||75|
|7||Portable Document Scanner||75|
|8||Portable Monochrome Printer||75|
Note: The bid is a single lot bid, so bidders should not miss any of the items requested in order to be considered for evaluation.
3. The following minimum requirement has expected from interested bidders;
- Compliance to the technical requirement
- Compliance to the proposed Specification of hardware’s and software’s
- At least 5 years of experience in suppling and delivering of similar nature equipment
- Client Reference letters which demonstrating the completion of two similar nature projects which worse USD 300,000.00 each.
4. Bidding will be conducted through National Competitive procurement using Request for Bids (RFB) as specified in the World Bank’s “Procurement Regulations for IPF Borrowers IPF Borrowers: Procurement in Investment Project Financing, Goods, Works, Non-Consulting and Consulting Services dated November 2020; the Guidelines on Preventing and Combating Fraud and Corruption in Projects Financed by IBRD Loans and IDA Credits and Grants, revised July 1, 2016. (“Procurement Regulations”), and is open to all eligible Bidders as defined in the Procurement Regulations.
5. Interested eligible Bidders may obtain further information from Ministry of Innovation and Technology (MInT), Ethiopia Digital Foundations Project, Project Coordination Unit Telephone: +251-911-446582 or +251 911-791462 and inspect the bidding document during office hours from 8:30AM-12:30AM and 1:30- 5:00 PM local time from Monday to Friday before the deadline date and time.
6. The bidding document in English language may be purchased by interested Bidders upon the submission of a written application to the address below and upon payment of a nonrefundable fee of Birr 500.00 /Five Hundred Birr/ or in an easily convertible currency. The method of payment will be in cash transfer through the Bank Account No. 1000263705916 Commercial Bank of Ethiopia by the name of the Ministry of Innovation and Technology. Once payment has transferred to the account and copy of the payment send to us through email or in person to our address indicated below, the document will be sent by e-mail or bidders can collect it in person from the Ministry of Innovation and Technology, Ethiopian Digital Foundations Project Office.
7. Bids must be delivered to the address below on or before 25th May 2022, 10:00 A.M Local Time (Addis Ababa Time). Electronic Bidding will not be permitted. Late Bids will be rejected. Bids will be publicly opened in the presence of the Bidders’ designated representatives and anyone who chooses to attend at the address below on 25th May 2022, 10:30 A.M Local Time (Addis Ababa Time).
8. All Bids must be accompanied by a Bid Security of USD 5,000.00 /USD Five Thousand/ or the equivalent amount in a freely convertible currency in the form of Bank guarantee issued from commercial banks. In the case of Bank guarantees issued from other countries other than Ethiopian Banks, the bid security should be counter guaranteed by Ethiopian Commercial Banks.
9. The address (es) referred to above is (are):
Federal Democratic Republic of Ethiopia,
Ministry of Innovation and Technology (MInT)
Ethiopia Digital Foundations Project
Attn: Focal Person, Project Implementation Unit (PIU)
Address: Arada Sub-city, off Churchill Road, behind Lycée Guebre-Mariam School,
E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
|Office||Digital Transformation Program ( DTP) Office|
|Project||Ethiopia Digital Foundations Project|